Friday, November 11, 2011

Oops I forgot about my blog!


Well, the tour came and went and now it's November. Who knew time could fly by so quickly? I had a blast on tour, but unfortunately did not take any pictures while I was gone. Most of our time was spent in the van sleeping anyway. We were in a new state almost every day. The worst part of tour was when my ankles started swelling. At first I thought I was having sympathy swelling for Jessica, but then realized that sleeping sitting up in the van all night was causing my ankles to swell BIG TIME. They were so gross! I had to start icing them down each day. One of the guys from another band called it, "icing my dogs." The week I returned from tour I went back to work. Then the next week I returned to school. Needless to say, it is difficult to do anything that is not work or school related. I did have enough time to plan a baby shower for Jessica - we played some awesome games, including Baby Taboo, made up by my main man Jared. Here is just one example of the many cards he made for us:

Jess and I also made a trip to Ikea to pick up some things for the nursery. I got some new pillows and curtains for our living room. Unfortunately I haven't had time to put up the new curtains - but I'll take a before and after pic when I finally do.
Lately I've been looking for a denim jacket, I figure every girl needs a jean jacket! I typically look at thrift stores because I don't want to spend a lot of money on one, but don't usually find anything. Recently I found a jacket at Goodwill and felt like it would be a good investment - until I tried it on and to my dismay realized it was the brand Mudd. Not that I have anything against this brand, I just haven't worn it since junior high! I bought the jacket anyway, even though the buttons clearly said Mudd.

So I convinced myself I'd be able to remove these buttons and replace them with something else. Unfortunately when I searched the interweb for some tutorials I could only find directions on how to replace a button that had fallen off - not how to remove a button. I finally found a tutorial on how to remove a rivet (which I thought was the same thing as a button, but my roomie Tara informed me I was wrong) from a pair of jeans. I followed the directions anyway, using a flat head screwdriver and a pair of pliers. I used the screwdriver to loosen the back (the smooth, round part) of the button, then used the pliers to pull off the back completely. Then Tara grabbed the jacket and I used the pliers to pull the top of the button - and they eventually came off! I had some other buttons lying around that I decided to sew in their place.


After pulling off 7 buttons we began to get tired and decided to superglue new buttons on top of the Mudd ones on the back of the jacket.

Now all I need to do is remove the tag and then no one will know I'm wearing a jacket designed for a teenager!

What a lovely pile of buttons! Let me know if you need any - I have plenty to share! The handmade market is coming again this weekend! I'm excited to find some new treasures I can't live without. Well, have a great weekend and please check out the handmade market at the convention center! I'm sure there'll be plenty of things you need, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment