Monday, June 6, 2011

New/Old Friends


This weekend Jared's friends Joel and Meredith came to visit the lovely state of Indiana. They live far away in Connecticut so we don't get to see them much. I met both of them at my wedding, but haven't seen them since! Meredith and I have become internet budz, chatting over facebook and reading each other's blogs. This weekend we were able to be friends in REAL LIFE! We met up with them for lunch at Yats, where the waiter called me "baby." Then we walked over to Luna so the boys could look through every record available and Meredith and I could have some quality time chatting it up in the aisles of the record store. I also made friends with a very old and sickly looking dog (not pictured).

Yes, I am wearing shorts!! Is it possible that I have accepted the fact that summer is terrible and I have to wear summer clothes to survive? Possibly. Meredith was looking super cute in her vintage skirt and lovely handmade necklace. Later we stopped by Broadripple Vintage (my first time!) to do some shopping but we didn't find anything. Maybe next time! Although I could only hang out with them for the afternoon, it was super fun and I can't wait to hang out in person again!

In other news, many of the members of the Hair Cut Party Council received feather hair extensions this weekend! I chose to go for a feather that blended in well with my hair, but I'm thinking if I ever do it again I'll go for something that will stand out a little more (like purple?). Go big or go home - am I right??!!


Well today I was informed I may be starting my new position even sooner than July 1. Looks like I'll be full-time as an outpatient counselor by June 20th (which is in 2 weeks!!). I'm a little nervous because it seems sooner than I thought, but I'm sure I'll survive. I mean, I've been hit by a car AND I have two tattoos (that's pretty bad ass)! Take that!

1 comment:

  1. I never commented on this!?
    What a fun day.
    Start blogging again! Who cares about schoolwork!?

    ReplyDelete