Friday, January 15, 2010

Graduate School, here I come.

I have been preparing my application for IU's School of Social Work graduate program, and it has been a rather trying experience. I started my application late, mostly due to my own procrastination, but also due to an unexpected surgery and needed recovery time. I'm applying for advanced standing, so I had to have a letter of recommendation from a professor in my undergraduate program. It took some time getting in contact with one and getting my letter back. I finally received it on Wednesday morning, with my application due on Friday. I was all excited to overnight it when I realized I was still waiting on a letter from my boss. I finally got that Wed night, and before I overnighted it, found out that Jessica (my BFF) and Colleen would be driving to the school on Thursday morning. They were kind enough to hand deliver it to the school for me. Jess, the best friend in the universe, was kind enough to leave me a voicemail indicating that the school would not accept my application because the envelope had been torn and taped back together. Before my heart attack was over she was kind enough to also report she had punched them in the face for me, which is when I realized she was joking. Thank you, Jessica. So - a couple month's worth of work and worrying is turned in and done, and hopefully I'll find out if they will accept me by the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment