Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I've waited 2 years for this...

For a couple of years now I've been yelling "take off your shirt!" at bands we play with, or at my friends who play music, typically in between their songs. It's become a staple in the music industry. Or at least for me - and I think it's hilarious. I've really only been able to get a couple of guys to take their shirts off before. On Friday Rodeo played a show with Metavari and Husband & Wife, which started like a typical Bloomington show (starting at freaking 11:30 pm). I informed everyone they could "feel free to take off their shirts" to celebrate our bud Scott's last night in town. Some girl who was drinking heavily and standing on a chair in front took of her jacket and threw it on stage. This started a domino effect of lots of other people taking off their shirts/jackets and throwing them on stage. So many shirts landed on stage that I had to move them off the monitors so we could hear ourselves play! The lovely Mike Adams took off his shirt and says he tried to throw it at Zack; however, it landed like an octopus on my face. Then my lovely husband threw his hoodie directly at me, which hit the microphone instead, and sent the microphone soaring directly into my chin. All in all, it was a hilarious evening, resulting with me laughing so hard I almost couldn't sing, the drunken girl dancing close to the stage (which resembled a witch doctor casting spells on someone), and lots of chubby boys standing around without their shirts. We even got a few of the Rodeo guys to take theirs off too! What a dream come true. It reminded me of this other photo shoot I was in one time... although I can't remember why on earth we were taking these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment