Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bloomington Handmade Market

My friend Gaby and I attended the Handmade Market this weekend and found some lovely treasures. There were so many things I wanted to buy! Unfortunately I'm not made of money so I had to limit myself to just a couple goodies:
A ball jar with a polka dot pin cushion on top? Genius! I keep dreaming about all the things I can store in there!

A distressed metal necklace with religious characters? Lovely!

I am preparing for the great tattoo adventure with Samantha this weekend. We stopped by the tattoo shop today to ask questions and get some info. I am currently looking for the best images to take to them so they can draw it all together for me. I am very excited but also really nervous because I know this one is going to hurt more than the baby Indiana outline on my ankle! I can't wait to show you what it looks like..... if you want to hold my hand, feel free to tag along. I need all the support I can get!

Also, my grandma recently came across this amazing find and gave it to me! It's a vintage fold-out sewing box with all kinds of lovely things inside!

My grandma was thrilled about all the different color thread she found in there! She also included a new pair of scissors, several elastic bands, two thimbles, a seam ripper, and several bobbins. Now I need to figure out what is wrong with my sewing machine so I can use it all! Have a great week! And pray for me to be strong while I'm getting tattooed, or "mutilating my body" as my aunt likes to say.

1 comment: