Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Grad School Sucks

It really does. Being in school hinders me from doing the things I really want to do, like hangin' with budz or watching Glee all day long. Instead, I have to stay locked in my room working on homework. Next semester I start my first practicum, which has had me stressin' out. I'm not sure how people survive this program while working full-time, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I got an email today about a possible practicum placement at IU, working with students who get in trouble for doing too many drugs and making bad choices. I'm pretty excited about the prospect, especially because I already know some of the therapists that work there! So wish me luck. Hopefully I don't die in the process of working 40 hours a week, spending 16-20 hours at a practicum, and taking a class (homework included). So, think twice about going to grad school. Your social life will come to a stand still.

3 comments:

  1. good luck annie!
    i'd love to talk to you about grad school some time, i could really use some information on what the program is like at iupui.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that the Student Ethics office? Or AAIP?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmph. I'd be bummed if I were in your position, too. But I am impressed with your tenacity in tackling work and school, ALONG with being a kickass wife to Mr. C.!

    ReplyDelete