Monday, February 14, 2011

V Day!!


Happy V Day friends! I meant to wear all red and pink today but I totally forgot it was Valentine's Day and I wore blue and brown instead. Boring, right? I was a little upset with myself for forgetting. One of my lady clients tried to convince me to go home and change because she was so upset I forgot! My main man Jared took me to the exotic town of Indianapolis for our own celebration. He loves hotels and I love malls so he found us a hotel that was connected to the mall. It was great not having anything to do - we just hung out watching cable television and eating snacks. We then went to the mall, where I was allowed to buy several new clothing items. The next day we went to four flea markets so Jared could peruse through hundreds of records. Have you noticed that walking into a flea market is like walking into a whole new world? I felt like a lot of people (ladies, in particular) were staring at me for not wearing sweatpants or a velour tracksuit, or for not having any facial piercing (mainly eye brow piercings). Apparently I don't quite belong in their world. I did get a great little pair of cameo earrings that I can't wait to wear!

Well Jared also offered to cook me anything I wanted for a romantic and delicious Valentine's dinner. He also promised to make it in the shape of a heart. I requested teryiaki chicken because it sounded sooooo good and I couldn't figure out how he would make it heart-shaped. This is what I came home to:
Jared made some "love bread" by frying up some corn tortillas and cut them into heart shapes. He also presented me with a gift (pictured below). Jared said he bought this for my birthday last year, then forgot he had it, lost it, and recently found it again.
In case you can't quite read it, the mug says, "Annie Bones since 1984." Yes, not only did he give me a birthday mug, but he also engraved it himself. Isn't that precious? What a man I've got (and Tara, you better keep your paws off)!

In addition to all these lovely things, my mother sent The Cheek/Melton household a Valentine package in the mail containing love cookies, brownies, and an apple pie. Who knew you could mail pies? Well, Mama Melton sure does. I hope your Valentine's Day was full of mail pies, love bread, and forgotten birthday mugs. Don't forget to tell your friends and families that you love them!

P.S. Those of you who have caught me watching Roswell lately might get a kick out of this:

King James loves watching Roswell, too!

1 comment:

  1. i am going to steal jared AND king james. watch out, sister.
    ps. this post makes your life sound like the best and cutest thing ever. hooray!

    ReplyDelete