Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The heat wave of 2010

Well, the air conditioning has stopped working in my office. It has literally been 90 degrees or more in my office every day. Most of you know I hate summer and I hate summer clothes even more, but in this case, I have been forced to wear the most summery attire I own! I've literally worn summer dresses with little bitty straps and tank tops each day to work. Normally I would feel weird about showing that much skin (or my bra straps, which happened to be hanging out of one of the dresses) at work, but I have decided that I DO NOT CARE. Not when it's sweltering in my freaking office. So I have been forced to break my own code of conduct and dress like a hussy. If it's not fixed by tomorrow, can I just refuse to come to work? Surely this is a violation of something!

On a much better note, I had an interesting weekend with a string of wonderful events. First, Jared and I attended a Roller Derby bout here in Bloomington! It was super fun! My co-worker Sarah, uh, I mean Sadie MacDeath debuts later this summer. Sadly she has not completed her bio on the website yet! Please get on that Sadie. If you haven't gone to a bout, check out their website for the next home bout, which I think is in July. If you don't know what Roller Derby is, watch the movie Whip It starring Ellen Page, Drew Barrymore, and Kristen Wiig. It's a super fun movie that also explains a lot about how the game works. On Sunday, Jared and I attended a show at the Bishop, featuring Damien Jurado and Denison Witmer. I actually got to meet both of them and sort of freaked out a little on the inside (I really like their music). If you haven't heard their music, please check check check it out!

Ok that's all for now. Have a great week and enjoy your air conditioning.

3 comments:

  1. I took your advice! The skater bio is now up:

    http://www.bleedingheartlandrollergirls.com/bios/sadie-macdeath/

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. please get an air brushed t-shirt that says "i survived the heat wave of '010." you can tell epic tales of your bravery to your children someday.
    also: yes, i can make giant drapes to cover jared's stuff. or just a big tent, and he can put all his stuff inside, so the rest of the house will be yours to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sadie, I appreciate your promptness. And thank you, Tara, for making a tent.

    ReplyDelete