Monday, June 7, 2010

Well hello again!

My friend Tara reminded me today that it has been weeks since my last post! Yikes! Sorry for the delay, I know all of you have been hooked to your computer just waiting for my next entry. Well, to sum things up - May is over. Hallelujah. I thought I'd leave you with some highlights for the last few weeks. As you know, I started school in mid-May. It has been a rather difficult transition, filled with late nights and early mornings. I have difficulty not sleeping all day on the weekends! On May 26th we closed on our house!!! The sellers were kind of emotional during the closing and the wife started crying while we were signing the papers (they've been there 50 years!). That was slightly uncomfortable, but they are incredibly nice and want us to stop by so they can show us how to use the fireplace and the retractable awning they put over the deck (yes, it is retractable). The sellers are renting the house from us for the month and will be out by June 27th, which is when we will finally be able to move in! I can't wait! Our apartment is so small and has too many bugs (I had to wake up Jared this morning to kill a chubby furry spider in the bathroom. but he was too late and the spider got away!).

That weekend, Rodeo played several release shows, celebrating the release of our new album and the kick-off of their summer-long tour. My sister Breezey sang with us (we had some pretty rad 3-part harmonies), so we decided to wear matching dresses. For the first two shows we wore the bridesmaid dresses from my wedding - here is a lovely photo:
It was super hot and terrible in the venue so Breeze and I were sweating profusely! I had to keep my handkerchief with me so I could blot the sweat off my face. Next, Jared and I traveled down to Lexington, KY for my friend Alicia's wedding. It was a lovely time, we got to see several of my dear friends from college! Here are some of my lady friends with the beautiful bride:
Oh yeah, we're just chillin' in front of the Hummer Limo, which took the wedding party to the reception:
This is Jared and me at the reception - we're just so in love.
Oh, and here is a photo of my best dance move all night: yes, that's an American flag, and yes that is Joel's ass.
Sadly, we had to return to Bloomington the next day for another release show, which also happened to be my birthday! Breezey drove down early and took me shopping! She bought both of us new matching dresses! What a birthday! Then I got to the venue to find that my brother had decorated it with signs and birthday hats! Each guy in the band bought me a present - 4 cases of Diet Coke and 1 Hannah Montana microphone headset (from Kyle, could you guess?). It was pretty wonderful. Here are the matching dresses (please excuse my general redness/sweatiness/fatness):

It was a crazy weekend full of friends and surprises! I can't wait to tell you more! I'll make a concerted effort to be a better blogger in the coming weeks. I only have 2 more weeks of my summer class left, and then I'm free to party until Fall semester starts. I'm hoping to get the fashion blog figured out during that time. Oh, and also - Jess watched Twilight AND New Moon this weekend and is totally HOOKED. That's right. Team Edward all the way.

1 comment:

  1. yeah! there you are!
    your retractible awning sounds like a dream. hi-tech!
    also, i'm glad you had a good birthday.
    and that you and breezey like to match. (high-waisted pencil skirts were made for you!)
    ps. if you ever succeed in roping me into twilight, you will get a gold medal.

    ReplyDelete