Monday, June 21, 2010

Sisterz

I'm attempting to write this post with dialated eyeballs and a smashed pinky. Please excuse any mispelled words, as I can't see the letters on the screen very well and don't have much feeling in my pinky right now. This weekend I traveled to Fairmount to see my lovely sisters, Breezey and Cassie. Breeze is gearing up to go to France for school and will be gone for sevearl weeks. Saturday morning we walked around downtown Fairmount, looking for treasures at the thrift and antique stores. We found some cool stuff at the thrift store:Just a couple cutesy dresses and some sweet sweet belts, including the bright blue one that Breeze found. Cassie said it looked like a headband a wrestler would wear. Sadly the only thing at the antique store was an odd smell that made Breezey feel sick. So we left. Breezey and I then went to the beauty school in Marion and got our toes done for cheap! It was super fun. We then traveled to Meijer, where I found all the beauty supplies I could ever want and some super fun hats. I made Breezey's dreams come true when I bought the floppy hat for her to wear on the beach when she is in France.
Also while in Meijer, an old lady crept up behind me and said, "Nice outfit for a hot day." I didn't think she was talking to me since I couldn't see her; however, she repeated herself, so I turned around to find out she was looking right at me. I said, "Oh, me?" She said, "Yeah, short skirt. It's nice on a hot day." I was a little creeped out and had some second thoughts about my outift. Ultimately, I decided she was right. I just wish she hadn't said that while creeping up behind me. Also, I'm sort of wishing I had bought the hat I'm wearing in the picture.


Breeze and I then rented some movies and finally met up with the Cass attack for some dinner. We hung out at the Pizza Hut, where Cassie ended up knowing everyone. We ate some really good deep dish dinner snacks and headed home to watch some movies. We put Whip It in first, because I wanted my sisters to understand Roller Derby since it's my new favorite sport. While watching the movie, Cassie dyed Breezey's hair. Cassie requested several towels so our mother wouldn't yell at us for dyeing her hair in the living room, on the very white carpet, and I felt it was important to make sure we got some of those towels in the picture below. Cassie also made fun of the cool belt we found at the thrift store, so we had to get that in as well. Aren't we so adorable? I do love my sisters.
Well, I hope your weekend was as fun as mine, and that you remembered to call your dad on Father's Day. All three sisters sang a song in church as our Father's Day gift to our dad. We had him in tears! Lastly, I managed to stop by Circle Centre Mall, met up with Jess, and did some light shopping. Maybe not so light, but everything I bought at H&M was on the clearance rack, so I feel better about it. I'll be sure to post some pictures of my new gems soon.

1 comment:

  1. the story of the creepy lady is very funny when you tell it with your version of what her voice sounds like.
    also i am jealous of your friendship with denison witmer & damien jurado! :(

    ReplyDelete