Monday, October 4, 2010

X-Treme Layers

Fall is in the air! And you know what that means? Mondo layering! I've always been really good at wearing too many layers and I think not wearing layers actually causes me anxiety. So, in order to preserve my mental health, I will continue with this trend forever and ever amen. Today I didn't feel like being super fancy (I also didn't get out of bed until 8:10 - which is late!), so I settled for jeans and mixing some great colors. The sweater looks very red in the picture, but it's more orange-y than red. My hair is getting too long and needs trimmed (and re-colored - my roots are showing big time), and mostly I just want it out of my face. Today I pulled it back in a little pony and added this wrap:

The coffee I made this morning turned out to be terrible, which gave me an excuse to run down to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte! The girl working the drive thru told me she really liked the colors in my outfit (this is why I love Starbucks, because they love me too).

This weekend I participated in an event for the recovery community, in which I sat in a dunk tank and people from the program paid to dunk me in the water. It was a little chilly outside, but thankfully the water was warm and I didn't die. I told my lady clients if I got pneumonia they would have to visit me in the hospital, bring me Kit Kat bars, and sing me a song. They all agreed! Fortunately, I didn't get sick. I'm still hoping they might give me a Kit Kat and sing me a song. I'll let you know how things go. Please enjoy this lovely fall weather, and don't forget, you can never have too many layers!

4 comments:

  1. kind of nuts how short 'dos grow out so fast, eh? I'm in the process of growing mine out. It's not pretty. Could use a cute wrap like yours, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! growing out is no fun! Scarves can be your best friend during the grow-out process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am having a crisis involving: lots of missing sweaters. seriously, where are all of my fall clothes? they disappeared, that's where they are. in disappearance. you know what this means: shopping. and you know what's more fun than shopping alone? shopping with someone else who loves shopping as much as i do. (do you think i can use the word "shopping" 10 more times in this post?) anyway, let's go shopping. the end.

    ReplyDelete