Saturday, December 18, 2010

A light at the end of a very long tunnel

This week has been absolutely terrible. Work has been crazy and gets worse daily. I cut my thumb cutting up apples. The egg carton came flying out of the fridge when I opened the door and most of the eggs were broken. I spilled an entire tray of yam juice all over my coat. I got yelled at by a client's mother (who also yelled at the agency director and the president of the board). My car had a major breakdown. The screen on my cellular telephone stops working when I use the down button. Maybe all these things don't sound too bad, but combine them with mounting stress, hormones, and poor sleeping patterns... yikes. I've been a bit of a mess. Thankfully, my husband bought me the perfect Christmas presents to make up for it. Friday night he took me to the Buskirk Chumley Theater to see a Christmas Carol. It was wonderful! We sat in the left side of the balcony, just like those old guys from the Muppets. But instead of yelling and throwing things at the stage, I was glowing and laughing and having a wonderful time. While I was getting ready for the show, Jared gave me my other Christmas present, which was my very own Modcloth dress!
22144-1.jpg

This is the Walking Phoenix Dress. I have wanted something from Modcloth for a long time, but it's still a little out of my price range, so I thought it would be a perfect Christmas gift. I sent Jared 5 or 6 different dresses and he chose the one he liked the best. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of me wearing it yet, but it fits perfectly! He also surprised me with this, the Compass Rose necklace:

7579-1.jpg


And if that wasn't enough, he found these Galaxy socks and felt like I just had to have them!

7874-1.jpg


What a wonderful lot of Christmas presents! Thanks Jared, you're the best. Today I got to sleep in and hang out with my friend Samantha. We made Christmas cookies and sang along to the Glee soundtrack. I bought my first Christmas presents today - talk about a late start. I always think I should start early, but don't usually buy anything until the week of Christmas. Hopefully my vehicle will be up and running again before we need to do all our traveling! Have fun finishing up your shopping! And don't put your yams in a flimsy tin pan. They WILL spill all over you.

1 comment: