Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bedford Excursion

When I got married, my grandmother asked if there was something special she could give us as a wedding present. I thought and thought about what I could ask for and finally decided I wanted a trunk to store my "play clothes" in. I used to love playing dress up at my grandmother's house - she had lots of clothes, wigs, shoes, glasses, purses, gloves, etc. My cousin Lesley and I would dress up like old women and call ourselves Louise and Louisa - we even made up our own song about gloves. A few years ago I started my own collection of play clothes for my future children. My collection is mostly clothing I bought for Halloween costumes or theme parties I've attended over the years, such as this one....




This weekend, I had the pleasure of accompanying my friends Jessica and Jennie to the lovely town of Bedford for a shopping extravaganza. We checked out the department stores (K-Mart and JC Penney), and some thrift stores, as well. I recently found Aunt Kate's Consigment shop advertising on Craigslist, so we headed over to Washington Ave, only to find we had gotten there 2 hours after the store closed. As we walked toward the door to check out the store hours, the owner, who was standing in front of the store, offered to let us in for a few mintues to look around. The store was kind of cluttered with used (but very nice and moderately priced) furniture and other household items.


Then, low and behold, I found the most perfect trunk for the most perfect price! What a victory! My grandmother will be thrilled we found something so wonderful. So if you're ever in Bedford, please check out Aunt Kate's - they have a lot of great things. Don't forget to check out the Elegant Lady, located downtown, too. They've got some great used formal wear and all other types of wear, as well as some awesome mannequins in awesome poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment