Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Love me forever, please

So I finished reading the Twilight series this week. To celebrate my success, I watched the Twilight movie last night, and I've finally figured out why girls/women are so obssessed. Here's the thing about Twilight: the story is about a forbidden love between two sort of teenagers (Edward is technically like 100 years old or something), who love each other so passionately that they can't stand to be apart. Edward says things like, "You are my life now" and he'll do "whatever it takes" to make sure Bella is safe. And Bella is willing to die for Edward (and other people she loves, like her mother). And even though it takes four huge books to tell their love story, girls across the US are dying to fall in love like this. What woman doesn't want someone to love her so passionately? And who doesn't want someone to tell her she is his whole life? Who doesn't want to be eternally bound to their soulmate? I mean, really, it makes so much sense. So please quit being so judgemental about those of us who fell onto the Twilight wagon, because all we really want is love - sweet, passionate, everlasting love.

P.S. Don't worry Jared, I still love you forever and ever amen, and I'm very glad that you aren't a vampire.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Although I've only finished book 1 and hated the movie, I love the way she writes. If only more men were like that.

    ReplyDelete