Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dear Friends

Great news! My dear friend Ashley has found an old hair dryer with a one of those caps I can put over my curlers! What a dream! Thank you, Ashley, you are the best.

In other news, have you read or watched Anne of Green Gables lately? I haven't seen the movie since college. Ashley caught me watching the movie by myself, bawling my eyes out, after a break up in college. I mostly remember Anne talking about "kindred spirits." I believe Ashley was my first encounter with a kindred spirit, which explains how she found that coveted hair dryer, only days after informing her how much I wanted one! My second encounter, I believe, was my darling Danielle. We shared a summer of misery together, which in the end made us stronger. We spent that summer trying to smoke cigarettes, and listening to the Martha Wainwright song, entitled "Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole." And, I believe I have found a third. Just this week I was thinking to myself, how lovely it would be to wear a jacket/blazer to work every day. The weather is so nice and jackets just make me feel fancy and professional. So, I have worn a different jacket each day to work. Just yesterday I was talking to Jess, who informed me she had decided to wear a jacket EVERY DAY THIS WEEK. What?? If we are not kindred spirits, I don't know who is! If you have not worn a jacket this week, please find one and wear it! And if you don't have one, you can borrow one from Jess and me - I think we have plenty to go around! And hopefully you will find a kindred spirit in the process.

1 comment:

  1. thanks, annie! i was there today looking for places. well, sort of. i just drove around a little with a couple friends. let me know if you have any recommendations on living situations!

    ps. i think you might be in the same grad program as my best friend's brother (i also call him my brother) luke harty. he's a cool kid. i hope you meet him!

    pps. your blogs make me laugh. i have stopped by a few times. :)

    ReplyDelete