Monday, July 26, 2010

Fashion Blog Post #2

I ordered my intern to take my picture again today. Thank heavens for interns! I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do when her internship is over... Well, for now I will continue to have her take my picture with my cellular telephone. Jess and I decided we needed to hit the pool this weekend but I felt I might need a new swimsuit, so we combed Target and the entire mall, with no luck. It turned out okay, because I found this fun skirt for $10 at Macy's and realized when I got home that my old bathing suit still fits. I really want a vintage bathing suit (or vintage inspired) with as much rouching as possible. I look Etsy and eBay almost every day! And stare and stare at the different bathing suits. There's a couple on Etsy I've had my eye on, but I'm nervous about buying a bathing suit without trying it on - I hate buying things without trying them on. But maybe I'll just get over it and buy them anyway! Anyway, here's today's outfit:

Yikes, I need a real camera! Well anyway, I really like this new skirt I got - it has an elastic waistband AND pockets! Super fun and summery! I paired it with a bright pink shirt dress from Old Navy. It's a little tight around my mid section, so it worked out well to wear the high waisted skirt with it! And I recently bought this fun yellow headband from Target. I just couldn't resist wearing it today! Jess complained that she couldn't see some of the accessories in my last fashion post, and we're trying to come up with a better system to take pictures of our outfits. Oh, and we're thinking about starting a new blog page for our joint fashion blog (I have tentatively named it Fat Girls Love Fashion Too), so we'll keep you informed of what we decide.

My parents are coming down to camp at Brown County State Park this week and I'm real excited to hang out with them! My sister and her kids are coming, as well. So I'll be out in the woods for a few days, probably in my wedge sandals since I'm a firm believer in fashion over function. I'll try to take some pictures of my adventures! (Oh and I finally get to see Eclipse with Cassie - cannot wait) Have a good week and don't forget to watch some teen drama tv! (You can currently watch Roswell instantly on Netflix)

3 comments:

  1. first of all, you are not fat. but i do understand your pursuit of modest swimwear. i'm sure you've already checked these out, but i just wanted to share in case you haven't.
    i am wearing one like this from delia's right now AS I TYPE THIS: http://store.delias.com/item.do?itemID=48861&outfitID=1139&color=BLK&categoryID=1505&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter= (mine is b&w buffalo check pattern though. it has a vintage fit on the bottom, which i love.)
    modcloth has (an expensive) one with rouching:
    http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Swimwear/Bathing+Beauty+One+Piece+in+Red
    i also have this top from alloy, and i love it. the style is very forgiving. :) http://store.alloy.com/item.do?categoryID=2157&itemID=51455&outfitID=1372&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=
    aaaand i have a new top from target. it is the "Mossimo Black Womens 2 pc. Tankini Pink" one on this page: http://www.target.com/Tankinis-Swimwear-Womens/b/15959161/ref=sc_fe_l_3_13629631_9?node=15959161 i sort of hate pink, but i like the way it fits, so that became more important, i guess.

    i have these black "hipster" bottoms that i got a zillion years ago at american eagle that i just wear with everything unless it's a one piece. you should keep your eyes peeled for a sweet bottom that will go with lots of different tops. then all your dreams of vintage style rouched suits can come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, how can i apply to be in your fashion blog club?
    ps. sorry my previous comment is obscenely long and possibly confusing with all the URLs that turned out to post as text instead of links. oopsies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahah thanks for your help Tara! I think I'll do a post showing all the cool bathing suits I want. We don't have an application to be part of the club yet, but I'm sure we can come up with something! (or maybe we'll just let you in((that's what she said)). )

    ReplyDelete