Thursday, July 29, 2010

Camping?

Well I camped for two days and one night with my family and have decided it's not my cup of tea. I tried to remember the last time I camped and realized it's probably been 10 years. I think there's a reason for that! First, I forget that being outside means there's bugs everywhere. I HATE bugs. I hate bees and spiders and all things that buzz and crawl. And of course they were buzzing around me the entire time! My family would burst into laughter each time I jumped out of my seat and ran away from a horsefly/bee/whatever was buzzing close to my ear. Even my 5 year old niece, Jacey, said something like "Annie has bug issues." Second, I hate summer. Why would anyone want to camp in the summer? It was soooo hot and humid the entire time, I never stopped sweating. The second day we went swimming and I could barely get my bathing suit on - I had to inch it up my body because it was so hot (the weather, of course). Third, I don't even own the correct clothing to wear on a camping trip! I got out to the campground and realized I didn't bring any tennishoes, so we had to go hiking on paved trails to accomodate me and my gladiator sandals. I have one pair of shorts, which I made from an old pair of jeans, and my sister says, "Don't you have any jersey shorts or something cooler than that?" I thought about it and the answer is no. I don't buy jersey shorts. I buy platforms and dresses. I did, however, buy a tank top so that I wouldn't totally die in the heat and I did wear it yesterday! We went to the pool yesterday, and even after I bathed myself in sun block I got a sunburn. I don't understand why we label it "sunblock" if it won't block the sun! So today I had to wear the softest things I own because my shoulders and chest got burnt! Geesh. You'd think by now I could successfully stay out in the sun.

In other news, I have made the decision to buy a swimsuit online. I have not decided which one to buy - there are a few I've been looking at. Here's one:

This is the "Marilyn" suit in pink (look at all the rouching!!!! it's everywhere!) from pinupgirlclothing.com . Isn't it beautiful? ModCloth also has a nice variety of swimsuits, this is my favorite, although it is totally out of my price range:

Here's a fun skirted swimsuit from unique-vintage.com - another suit full of rouching.

My heart desires as much rouching and ruffles as possible. Although I wouldn't mind finding a swimsuit with sleeves - apparently my skin needs all the protection it can get!

3 comments:

  1. Most people don't use sunblock correctly, so that if it says SPF 70 or whatever they're actually getting SBF 10! You should actually be able to see it on your skin (so don't rub it in too long) and it also probably needs to be reapplied every few hours. I should get some awesome links for you but I am really lazy at the moment.

    I also LOVE rouching... I want it on all of my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE rouching as well!!! Great swimsuit choices! And I agree with my husband that you have to lay that sunblock on thick! Trust me...I probably burn as bad as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for all the advice, Orrs! you guys are handy to keep around!

    ReplyDelete