Monday, August 23, 2010

Wedding Weekend

Well, I have decided to take a break from the fashion blog and will return when I have a worthy camera. So sorry to my avid readers, I hope my life experience will suffice for now.

This weekend my cousin Nathan got married, so we (Jared, Zack, and I) traveled up to the great little town of Fairmount to see the family and attend the nuptuals. The weather was rather threatening for most of the day, but the cloudy skies cleared up for the ceremony, which was held outside. It was beautiful and thankfully my Aunt Marilyn came prepared with several kleenexes she graciously gave my sisters and me, since we could barely keep it together during the ceremony (it's a family curse). They passed out bubbles after the ceremony so we could blow them at the couple as they ran to the getaway car (which looked like the Bat-mobile); sadly Jared blew all of his bubbles into my hair and didn't have any left to give to the newly weds. The reception was a dessert bar, which caused the boys to complain the whole time about not being fed dinner. The desserts were incredibly delicious, yet left us yearning for salty things, so we called Pizza King and ordered some late night dinner snacks. However, shortly after the desserts were served, the dancing began, which caused me to forget my hunger for a while. My sisters and girl cousins joined me on the dance floor for a few songs, and even my dad made an appearance to show off his moves:
My mother took this opportunity to take a few photographs of the family dancing:
From the left is Breezey (showing off her signature move), cousin Abbey (lookin' fine in her kelly green bridesmaid dress), cousin Josh (who didn't stay long on the dance floor) cousin Lesley (who teased us all by taking off her sweater and throwing it on the ground), the Cass attack (who showed off her pop 'n lock skills), and me, looking absolutely ridiculous.
Here we are again, lookin' even better than before.
And here we are singin' our hearts out to the Miley Cyrus song "Party in the USA," which ultimately caused Breezey's voice to crack a few times during her lovely rendition of "Softly and Tenderly" in church the next morning. And to those of you wondering if Breezey really does have Turret's Syndrome (she really thinks she has it)- I have tried for days now to stress her out enough to make her do that weird head shake (although my parents swear she does it) and she hasn't done it. As far as I can tell she just hiccups a lot. So sorry, Breeze, I think you're normal like the rest of us.

3 comments:

  1. howdy, innernette neighbor!
    ...is it strange that I'd never heard "Party in the USA" until last weekend at a wedding? It ain't bad.... and lots of ladies were singing along just like you Cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meredith! Welcome to my sweet blog. Also, I need to make a correction: Turret's Syndrom is actually spelled "Tourette's". Sorry about the error!

    ReplyDelete