Monday, August 30, 2010

Wedding Weekend 2

Well I attended another wedding of a cousin this weekend. Sadly I have no pictures to show for it yet, but I did some dancing with the girl cousins from the other side of the family and hopefully there will be some sweet pics of it soon. Zack and I attended the wedding alone, so we had to sit with people we didn't know at the reception. It turned out to be ok, because Zack is good at talking small talk, and then I take over after that talking about mental illness and social justice (which is exactly what happened - Zack started off with, "So how do you know Jackie and Brian ((the wedding couple))?" and eventually I took off with "What do you do?" which led to a conversation about what I do, which ultimately led to a conversation about the soldiers coming back from Iraq with PTSD). I sure know how to party!

This week at work I'm getting new carpet in my office, which has meant boxing up all my stuff and moving it around so the carpet people can do their work. This also means no fancy work clothes! Getting dressed in the morning with this in mind has been a little difficult. I mean, really, what do you wear to work when you're supposed to be carrying on your daily duties and moving boxes/furniture in your spare time? Well, for me it's been plaid shirts, jeans and/or leggings, and very sad attempts at keeping my very short hair out of my face. As you can see below, the only way to keep the hairs from getting in my eyes is by tying a scarf around my big head. This also keeps the baby hairs in the back from getting too wild and out of control. I know it's a little Aunt Jemima but it's super fun, and who doesn't want a big bow on top of their head? Not only is it semi-cute and fashionable, it's very functional! Who knew?
My friend Tara from Hair Treasures moved to town this week, as well. So welcome to Bloomington Tara! We've already had some fun times together and I think we are going to be best buds soon (maybe I should ask Tara how she feels about me before posting this on the interweb?). Also, today is Jessica's BIRTHDAY!!!! Happy birthday Jessie! I already left her a singing message on her iPod telephone, but if you haven't told her yet, get to it! The clock is ticking! She's a whopping 27 years old today!

And lastly, Jared, Tara, and I went to Casa Brava on the east side for lunch yesterday, and sitting out in the parking lot was this truck, totally loaded and full with bread, baking in the sun.

Weird. Well, have a good week and please don't forget your bread in the back of your vehicle.

3 comments:

  1. love the scarf. when my hair was shorter, I used to wrap an entire bandana around my head a-la "we can do it" posters.
    also, it's nice to see someone else loves carbs as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel great about being best budz. i think the squaredancefest will cement our friendship and bond us for life. i also think my next hair treasures are going to be scarf-sized pieces of fabric so that everyone else can look as cute as you (maybe) in aunt jemima style. it's gonna be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! I love bread and scarves and best buds! I mean best budz.

    ReplyDelete