Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Va-Va-Valley Girl Boots

The Valley Girl boots are in! I broke them out for XRA Fest this weekend, which turned out to be both a very good and bad decision. You know how my heart is set on fashion over function, so wearing boots with heels to a looooong show was maybe a terrible idea - but man I looked good! There are some really terrible pictures of me on Facebook from the show, sadly I am super sweaty and you can't see my boots. So I decided to wear them again today!
My lady clients really love them! One of them told me today, "Annie, if we ever saw you come into work wearing jeans and a t-shirt, we'd send you back home!" Apparently I dress up a lot! Thank goodness it is fall time and jackets/tights/boots are permitted (and I don't sweat like crazy because its 90 degrees). The lovely purple jacket and gray dress are both from H&M. Tights that you can't see very well (but have wonderful black dots on them) from Target.

If you missed XRA Fest, then you missed a major PARTY! I danced so hard my calf muscles are still sore! As usual a bunch of dudes took their shirts off and even jumped on stage while Rodeo was playing, knocking me out of the way so they could sing in the microphone. It was crazy. I also got to see some friends I haven't seen in a long while (like Tiffany & Penelope). I hope your weekend went well, and that you got to see lots of sweaty dudes take off their shirts, too.

2 comments:

  1. I also chose fashion over function this weekend. Wore heeled cowboy boots (that belonged to my aunt in the late 70's) and almost fell over a couple times! Teenage Fanclub would have laughed at me in Scottish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you make sure not to wear these boots when i'm around? i will feel like a failure at life in my boring flats.

    ReplyDelete